Having decided to commit to construction works, the next important step for clients is to procure the works in line with the strategy approved.
mbpc has extensive experience of alternative forms of procurement ranging from:-
- Traditional design with third party delivery
- Early Contractor Involvement (ECI)
- Framework Contracting
- Design and build contracts
- Design, build, construct and operate
- Design, build, construct, finance and operate
The contract consideration may be expressed as a lump sum with adjustment for variations (changes)
- Prime Cost against a budget
- Target Cost contracts using all versions of currently in use or
- Guaranteed Maximum price.
In each case mbpc’s experience with its progressive, integrated measurement and valuation methodology can assist project delivery.
We provide advice to negotiate contracts with a single supplier as well as assisting with competitive tendering of projects within appropriate legislation, e.g. European Union Competition Law.
For suppliers of construction projects and services, the Contractors, mbpc offers support services to estimating departments, including providing schedules of quantities where none are providers by project purchasers, estimating reviews (Red Team Reviews) to validate complex tenders or tenders prepared in very short time scales.
All of these services are offered by mbpc within the UK and internationally.